It’s been a much quieter day today and we haven’t even left the camp…not seen nearly enough sky today. We have deliberately made this a day with less to do as we were meeting ourselves coming back. I’ve been working on the video to promote the Secondary school idea back home, to interested parties and potential donors. It’s looking quite good and both Sonal and Gerry filmed a piece to camera from the boamer this morning. The boamer is an outdoor gathering area where the camp staff serve a meal every Saturday night.
It was really hot today too with a beautiful blue sky, well ‘til the light went out at half six very quickly. Joseph the entertainment manager took us out on the lake in a kayak but unfortunately he hogged the paddle and the kingfishers decided to hide!
The others had another good meeting with Agnes and Dixon, and Sonal is now ready to prepare her business plan having had all of the questions answered today. Dixon has worked really hard to find us all the info we need. It looks like after another trip out here in the Spring for the Etc committee, and then subject to government and local community approval and the right donors being found, building could potentially start in August 2012 and be finished in time for the new school year starting Jan 2013. This is quite something! Wow! Or in Kiswahili ‘Aha!’ Praise God with loud rejoicing! It seems that Sekanani is the favourite location and it does seem to make sense, will make continuity of existing work more possible and builds on links that already exist between Etc and the local community.
I’m really tired tonight and feeling a bit rough…the anti-malarials I think…please pray I’ll feel better tomorrow.
x
A-MAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteJust read this and cried!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Will pray that you feel much better tomorrow. xxxxxxxxxxxx
ReplyDeleteGreat to hear from you Ali! Sounds so exiting! So pleased that gods plans are coming together out there through the work of you and the team. Praying that you'll feel better tomorrow xx
ReplyDeleteAli! Your adventure sounds so amazing! :O I can't believe you had a sunrise balloon ride and saw and elephant all at once! :D I cannot wait to see all your videos and photos! :) it's so good to keep reading about what you're getting up to and the news today sounds very positive and exciting! I would like to come to Kenya please!i nearly cried at the thought of the 5 year olds getting our dolls! :') must be so amazing there..keep updating! Will be praying! Can't wait to see you again and hear all about everything! Enjoy every moment! Lots of love! xxxxxx
ReplyDeleteAli, I've just read through all your days and caught up with all you've been experiencing. Thank you for taking the time to share it with us. It really does make it so real for us. I had tears streaming down my face as I read out to Rob your description of the dolls being given out! Little did you know when you knitted your first stitch that you'd be giving them out yourself! I love all your descriptions - of everything - don't even think you're boring us! it's wonderful to hear what's happening and what God is doing. Will continue to pray. Hope you feel better in the morning. lots of love, xxxx
ReplyDeleteDear Ali, I've just read all this and caught up with your news and wow! What news! No, it is not boring, thank you for taking the time when you must be so tired, to keep us posted. I'll keep on praying for whenever you pop into my head! This blog brings us very close to you.
ReplyDeleteWe shall pray for the right decisions to be made for the school, and continue to pray for the safety of you and Gerry and all you're travelling with. May God continue to bless you, as he is so evidently doing... Dawn balloon ride!!! I beg your pardon!!! I am SO .... pleased for you! Lots of love xx