We will drive as far as Narok (larger black dot) on tarmac roads, crossing the Rift Valley, and from there on dirt roads to the Maasai Mara (smaller black dot). I believe this journey will take a good 5 hours. We will spend the first couple of nights at Leleshwa camp (see map below - the larger yellow dot is in roughly the right place) and visit Empopongi School, delivering school jumpers and resources and seeing how things are going at the school.
We will then move into the National reserve at Sekenani gate and stay a few nights at the Sarova camp. From here we will visit Sekanani school (the one where Gerry did her 3 months teaching 18 months ago) delivering more resources and checking up on how school improvements are doing.
Throughout our time in the Mara we will be seeking to set up and have many important meetings to further the progress of the Secondary school project. I'm hoping we will see the land that has been bought and I know that one of the aims to form a team of local people who will be able to oversee and manage the building project.
Hope this fills in some geographical gaps! Don't forget you can ask me questions and I will try to answer!


I was always shockingly bad at geography, though I do love maps. Yours are especially splendid!
ReplyDeleteThe maps are really helpful to see where you will be.
ReplyDeleteShall be praying for your journey tomorrow that is is uneventful and even enjoyable! God Bless you and Gerry and keep you safe as you journey through Kenya. x
Great to see where you are going Ali! Praying for you all xx
ReplyDelete